Rules and Regulations
The Reef Ocean Resort
Vero Beach, Florida
August 8, 2013
These Rules and Regulations are in effect until amended or changed by the Association Board of Directors. Rules and Regulations apply to, and are binding upon, all unit owners, occupants and guests.
1. The sidewalks and all of the common elements (excluding patios, decks, and balconies) must not be obstructed or cluttered or used for any purpose other than ingress and egress to and from the premises. Bicycles, Skateboards or any type of skates are not allowed on the sidewalks.
2. Garbage cans, supplies, or other articles shall not be placed on the patios, decks, balconies, and entryways. Linens, cloths, clothing, laundry of any kind, or other articles will not be shaken or hung from any of the windows, doors, patios, decks, balconies, or entryways, or exposed on any part of the limited common elements or common elements. The limited common elements and common elements shall be kept free and clear of refuse, debris and other unsightly material.
3. Unit owner or resident shall not allow anything whatsoever to fall from the windows, patios, decks, balconies, entryways or doors of the premises, nor shall he/she sweep or throw from his/her unit any dirt or other substances outside of his/her unit or on the limited common elements or common elements of the Condominium.
4. Refuse and bagged garbage shall be deposited only in the area provided.
5. No sign, advertisement, notice or other lettering shall be exhibited, displayed, inscribed, painted, or affixed, in or upon any part of the Condominium units or Condominium property by any unit owner or occupant without written permission of The Reef Association.
6. Inflammable, combustible, or explosive fluid, chemical or substance, shall not be kept in any unit or limited common element except such as are required for normal household use.
7. All Reef units are “Non-Smoking”. Violators will be charged a minimum fee of $200.00 for cleaning and deodorizing the unit for the next owner. No smoking in the Pool Area.
8. The personal property of all unit owners must be stored within their Condominium units. Personal property safe is to be left unlocked when checking out.
9. Unit owner or resident shall not store or leave boats, trailers, mobile homes, recreation vehicles and the like on the Condominium property at any time.
10. Unit owner, resident or guest shall not direct, supervise, or in any manner attempt to assert any control over the employees of The Reef Association.
11. Unit owner or resident shall not make or permit any disturbing noises by his family or visitors, including the loud playing of a musical instrument, television, radio, or sound amplifier. Nor shall any unit owner or guests do or permit anything that will interfere with the rights, comforts or convenience of the other unit owners.
12. No wiring or modifications shall be made to any unit or anywhere on the premises without written consent of the Board of Directors.
13. Complaints regarding the service of the Condominium shall be in writing by letter or email to the Board of Directors.
14. No animals or pets of any kind are allowed in the condominium units or anywhere on the Condominium property at any time. The exception to this rule is service animals with a service certificate. There will be an additional cleaning fee of $200.00 for any pet found in a condominium unit. Immediate removal of the pet will be required or the owner/guest will face eviction.
15. Dishes must be washed prior to check out, or there will be an additional $35.00 fee for washing dirty dishes left in the unit. An additional cleaning fee of $50.00 per hour and up will be charged for extra cleaning if the unit is excessively dirty as determined by The Reef management.
16. All grilling must be done in The Reef picnic area. No grilling is allowed anywhere else on Reef property including the unit patios and balconies.
OBSERVE POSTED POOL RULES
17. Loud cell phone conversations and politicizing in the Pool Area is inconsiderate to non-interested guests. Please be aware of their comforts.
18. Children under 14 will not be allowed in the hot tub at any time.
19. No floats of any kind, except small baby floats, are allowed in the pool or deck area.
20. All babies must wear swim diapers in the swimming pool.
21. Children under 14 are not allowed in the pool without a parent or guardian present.
22. Glass, food or smoking is not allowed in the pool or deck area. Please use picnic area for dining.
23. The number of guests allowed in the pool, including you and your family members, is limited to the number of occupancy of your unit. Any exception requires prior management approval.
24. Owners may not have day use of the pool and common areas at times other than their “use week” without obtaining prior permission from the resort manager. Owners must accompany all guests using The Reef pool. The Reef may charge a “usage fee” for owners and guests using The Reef facilities outside their owned “use week”.
25. People with contagious diseases cannot use the pool or pool furniture.
26. Proper or modest (no strings) swimwear is required to use the pool and hot tub.
27. Payments of maintenance fees shall be made at The Reef office as designated by The Reef Association. Payments made in the form of checks or money order shall be made to the order of The Reef Ocean Resort. Payments made by credit card shall be charged the same processing fees charged to The Reef. Maintenance fees are due and payable on January 1st of each year.
28. The Board of Directors of “The Reef Association” reserves the right to make additional Rules and Regulations as may be required from time to time. These additional Rules and Regulations shall be binding as all other Rules and Regulations previously adopted.
29. Rules and Regulations, as to the facilities use, shall be made available from The Reef office and on the Reef website, www.reefoceanresort.com. Copies of Reef Rules and Regulations will be placed in each unit. Rules and Regulations relating to use of the pool and grounds shall be posted and observed by all.
30. All owners of condominium units shall vacate their units no later than 11:00AM on the last day of their ownership period. No owner shall take possession of his or her unit earlier than 4:00PM on the day on which ownership period commences. Any exceptions to this rule are at the discretion of the Reef manager and/or front desk staff. Occupancy of any unit will not be permitted until housekeeping has cleaned the unit and cleared it with the front desk for occupancy.
31. Condominium Units are not to be occupied by more than four people at any time. Any exception requires the written advance approval of the Reef Manager. Additional occupancy fees will apply.
The foregoing was unanimously adopted as the Rules and Regulations of THE REEF OCEAN RESORT ASSOCIATION, INC. at the Board of Directors meeting held, August 8, 2013
Ervin Roberts-President Dorothy Rorick-Secretary
A signed copy is available at the Reef Ocean Resort Office.
All bold statements are for informational purposes.